Slow down the pace and spend a day absorbing Bucharest surroundings and book yourself a relaxed bike ride in Dealu Mare wine region. Combine the beauty of wine tasting and experience local culture in a healthy and active way, on the bicycle!
The wine region of Dealu Mare is one of the most famous and oldest wine-growing regions in Romania. It is said to be the “Tuscany of Romania”. Your bike experience will include:
- an excellent bike route ranging from 20-40 km on the hills of Dealu Mare area
- visits to some interesting sights – Bellu manor, Crama 1777 Winery museum, small wooden church
- a visit to a premium winery including tour through the vineyards, wine tasting and a selection of Romanian cheeses and cold cuts
- good exercise, most amazing wine and fresh grape juice (in autumn season)
- Vitis Metamorfosis - owned by the legendary Antinori family from Tuscany,contributes in consolidating Dealu Mare reputation for its excellent potential in establishing new traditions in winemaking
- LACERTA - the representation of the new world of Romanian wines from Dealu Mare area
- S.E.R.V.E - Founded in 1994 by Count Guy TYREL de POIX, it was the first private owned winery and well known for its collections Vinul Cavalerului, Terra Romana, Cuvee Charlotte and Cuvee Amaury.
- Mierla Alba winery - a small boutique winery in the heart of Dealu Mare
- Bellu Manor in Urlati, the 19th century manor house of the noted Bellu family, now arranged as a museum presenting the eclectic Bellu family art collection.
Day by day
10.30 - meeting of the group
11.00 - start of a 20-40 km bike route that can be adapted according to the group needs
13.30 – visit of a premium cellar and wine tasting
15.00 - end of the tour
What si included
- Professional guide and assistance in Romanian, English and German
- Entrance to the winery museum Crama 1777 or Bellu Manor ( depending on the tour route)
- Gift voucher or small souvenir
- Water, fruits & energy bars on route
- Visit of the wine cellar
- Wine tasting accompanied by snacks of cheese and cold cuts
- Transfer to and from start point
- Bike rental and transport
Meeting and departure:
How to get there:
If you are coming from abroad, we suggest that you arrive one day prior to the trip start, which will enable you to adjust to the time zone and minimize the risk of missing the trip start due to flight-related delays.Travel time by car between Bucharest and Dealu Mare area is approximately 1.30 hours and you have 2-3 options to reach from Bucharest.
Please ask tour consultant for specific details and trip bookings.
On arrival, the participants will be informed on the programme and other necessary information before the tour starts. Our guides will make sure that the participants fulfil all terms and conditions.
In case one or more participants did not reach the meeting date and point as scheduled, it is the responsibility of the participant to reach the group during the trip, according to CarpatBike terms and conditions. They will receive the support of our team in finding the group as soon as possible.
This tour includes local, village and forest roads through pastoral landscapes and peaceful hilly scenery. The terrain includes flat asphalt routes, unpaved country hilly trails and rolling hills and is suitable for cyclists in medium physical condition, varying from 20 to 50 km per day.
On this tour, 70% is on quiet roads with little traffic, and 30 % on hills with almost no traffic.
This tour is manageable for participants of various ages and would be a fun tour for a family (minimum age 8 recommended) or first-time bike tourists. The tour is also recommended for non-cyclists. In this case, a parallel program will be provided in the area.
CUBE, Cannonade, Trek XC bicycles or Schwinn hybrid bikes are available on this tour, and are included in the tour price.
Equipment provided at no charge:
- Repair kit
- Water bottle
Other equipment is available at an additional charge:
- GPS system
- Cycle computer
- Panniers and rack
You may choose to bring your own seat, pedals, bottles and/or other accessories; we will change out seats and pedals for you.
While a helmet will be provided, we recommend that for safety and hygiene reasons you bring your own or plan to purchase one upon arrival.
Dates & Prices
Please note this tour can also run anytime of the year between April and November, just contact us for your desired date. We recommend you book at least a few days in advance. It can also be organised with an overnight stay. Please ask us for customised offer for your group.
|from 01 Apr 2023 to 26 Nov 2023 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|Price EUR/person/net price||Bike rental not included||Bike rental included||Single room supplement|
|4-6||€ 75||€ 105||€ 0|
|7-10||€ 65||€ 95||€ 0|
|+10||€ 60||€ 90||€|