Slow down the pace and spend a day absorbing Bucharest surroundings and book yourself a relaxed bike ride in Dealu Mare wine region. Combine the beauty of wine tasting and experience local culture in a healthy and active way, on the bicycle!
The wine region of Dealu Mare is one of the most famous and oldest wine-growing regions in Romania. It is said to be the “Tuscany of Romania”. Your bike experience will include:
- an excellent bike route ranging from 20-40 km on the hills of Dealu Mare area
- visits to some interesting sights – Bellu manor, Crama 1777 Winery museum, small wooden church
- a visit to a premium winery including tour through the vineyards, wine tasting and a selection of Romanian cheeses and cold cuts
- good exercise, most amazing wine and fresh grape juice (in autumn season)
- Crama 1777 - a reconstructed 18th century wine cellar, turned into a museum, recounting the local wine-growing and wine making tradition of the region.
- S.E.R.V.E - famous winery and well known for its collections Vinul Cavalerului, Tarra Romana, Cuvee Charlotte and Cuvee Amaury.
- Rotenberg - considered to produce one of the best Merlot from Romania, famous brands are Rapsod Merlot Notorius, Emeritus, Menestrel.
- Bellu Manor in Urlati, the 19th century manor house of the noted Bellu family, now arranged as a museum presenting the eclectic Bellu family art collection.
Day by day
10.30 - meeting of the group and short visit of the Bellu Manor in Urlati
11.00 - departure from Bellu Mannor towards Ceptura on an easy 10 km asphalt route with very low traffic
12.30 – visit of a premium cellar and wine tasting
14.30 - return by bike to Urlati on the same asphalt route or using a more difficult hilly gravel route
What si included
- Professional guide and assistance in Romanian, English and French
- Entrance to the winery museum Crama 1777 and Bellu Manor
- Gift voucher or small souvenir
- Water and energy bars on route
- Visit of the wine cellar
- Wine tasting accompanied by snacks of cheese and cold cuts
- Transfer to and from Urlati
- Bike rental and transport (20 EUR/person)
Meeting and departure:
How to get there:
If you are coming from abroad, we suggest that you arrive one day prior to the trip start, which will enable you to adjust to the time zone and minimize the risk of missing the trip start due to flight-related delays.Travel time by car between Bucharest and Dealu Mare area is approximately 1.30 hours and you have 2-3 options to reach from Bucharest.
Please ask tour consultant for specific details and trip bookings.
On arrival, the participants will be informed on the programme and other necessary information before the tour starts. Our guides will make sure that the participants fulfil all terms and conditions.
In case one or more participants did not reach the meeting date and point as scheduled, it is the responsibility of the participant to reach the group during the trip, according to CarpatBike terms and conditions. They will receive the support of our team in finding the group as soon as possible.
This tour includes local, village and forest roads through pastoral landscapes and peaceful hilly scenery. The terrain includes flat asphalt routes, unpaved country hilly trails and rolling hills and is suitable for cyclists in medium physical condition, varying from 20 to 50 km per day.
On this tour, 70% is on quiet roads with little traffic, and 30 % on hills with almost no traffic.
This tour is manageable for participants of various ages and would be a fun tour for a family (minimum age 8 recommended) or first-time bike tourists. The tour is also recommended for non-cyclists. In this case, a parallel program will be provided in the area.
CUBE, Cannonade, Trek XC bicycles or Schwinn hybrid bikes are available on this tour, and are included in the tour price.
Equipment provided at no charge:
- Repair kit
- Water bottle
Other equipment is available at an additional charge:
- GPS system
- Cycle computer
- Panniers and rack
You may choose to bring your own seat, pedals, bottles and/or other accessories; we will change out seats and pedals for you.
While a helmet will be provided, we recommend that for safety and hygiene reasons you bring your own or plan to purchase one upon arrival.
Dates & Prices
Please note this tour can also run anytime of the year between April and November, just contact us for your desired date. We recommend you book at least a few days in advance.
|from 04/14/2019 to 04/14/2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 20 Apr 2019 to 20 Apr 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 05 May 2019 to 05 May 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 11 May 2019 to 11 May 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 09 Jun 2019 to 09 Jun 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 22 Jun 2019 to 22 Jun 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 14 Jul 2019 to 14 Jul 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 31 Aug 2019 to 31 Aug 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 19 Oct 2019 to 19 Oct 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 02 Nov 2019 to 02 Nov 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|from 16 Nov 2019 to 16 Nov 2019 - 1 day/0 nights||Book now|
|Price EUR/person/net price||Bike rental not included||Bike rental included||Single room supplement|
|4-6||€ 65||€ 85||€ 0|
|7-10||€ 60||€ 80||€ 0|
|+10||€ 55||€ 75||€|