Discover the stunning winter scenery of the Harghita Mountains on a guided snowshoe trip that goes deep into the frozen landscape. Snowshoeing is a beautiful and easy way to immerse in nature and to find some peace and quiet from the busy everyday life.
Explore dense forests and frozen alpine pastures in this tranquil environment, and hear the sound of your snowshoes crunching softly in the snow.
Carpathian forests still hide a very precious treasure, namely record populations of certain species of animals that are found less frequently: the brown bear, the lynx, This contributes to the uniqueness of the Romanian Carpathians.As the biking season is off, we are welcoming our guests in the Carpathians’ winter landscape. Unique experiences in the mountains, observing birds and animals in the wilderness and meeting extraordinary local people who are passionate and love the surrounding countryside.
Snowshoes are a perfect alternative for those who want to head into the mountains in winter, but are unaccustomed to having a pair of skis strapped to their feet. The wide surface area of the snowshoes allow one to walk over deep snow without sinking in too far into the soft snow and the lull in tempo one has on a snowshoe tour provides the perfect opportunities to stop for a coffee break.
This is like therapy to just sit in silence staring at the sun, absorbing the strength and peace the surroundings provide.
- The hunting area near Izvoare village
- Wildlife watching
- Snowshoeing in Harghita-Madaras Mountains
- Visit a local waterfall
- Ivo Wild Life Park
- Local gastronomy
- Full support and assistance
Day by day
Our first day is the “get together” day in Izvoare mountain village. Time for introduction and presentation of our weekend programme. Welcome drinks from our hosts and a wonderful dinner. Optional, a short hiking route around the village.
After breakfast, transfer to Harghita-Madaras Hut (1,600m alt.). From here, we will visit the Memorial Park of the Szekely community, and have a loop in the area. We will have lunch at Harghita-Madaras Hut and later on return to our lodge.
Early breakfast in the morning at our villa. The program for today includes optional visit in a nearby hunting area and/or snowshoeing.
Option 1: we will visit the nearby hunting area, where we can watch the dears, stags and goats in a protected area. Free time after the visit; We can continue with a snowshoeing route, to ski in Madaras resort or to visit Varsag village in the area.
Option 2: a longer snowshoeing, starting in Madaras peak, going to Harghita Bai resort and back (~22 km route, 650m ascent). Lunch in Harghita-Bai. Late afternoon back to the villa and end of the trip.
Optional activities for kids and non-hikers:
- Ski in Harghita-Madaras resort. Optional, ski school trainers are available.
- Visit the hunting area (dears, wild boars, goats)
- Visit Varsag village in the area – the waterfall
- Visit Odorheiu Secuiesc city
What si included
- 2 nights of accommodation (differs if optional days included)
- In every region we travel, we uncover the area’s best and original accommodations. On our Transylvanian trip, you will stay in a beautifully hunting lodge in the remote area of Izvoare.
- HALF BOARD for all period
- On our trip, you will sample the finest local delicacies from the region from the innovative to traditional dishes
- Energisers and hot drinks
- Detailed trip description and programme, maps, GPX maps (on request)
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides (Romanian, English, French or German speaking possible)
- Tickets to several cultural and historical sights included in the itinerary
- Local Taxes
- Photos at the end on the ride
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Alcoholic and additional drinks or meals during the programme
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Snowshoes rental ( pls inquire for availability)
- Tips for your guide (5-10% trip price)
- Individual travel Insurance for the trip (compulsory in order to be accepted for the tour)
- Additional local guides, if required
- Single room supplement
- All the other conditions are presented in the “Terms and conditions” document
Honor Villa is a hunting lodge and offers a striking destination inspired by the extraordinary landscape, horseriding, gourmet dinners, while surrounded by the beauty of Transylvania in Harghita county. The Lodge is located near Ivo Wild Life Park, home to different species of wild animals such as muflon, red, fallow and roe deer. The 320 hectares park is nestled among rolling hills and river valleys at the foot of the Carpathian Mountains. The park is kept in its natural state. We will organize a visit in the park before enjoying our special local dinner.
Snowshoes and poles equipment can be provided upon request. Please ask at the time of booking for availability.
Dates & Prices
Please note this tour can also run anytime of the year between December and April, just contact us for your desired date. We recommend you book at least 1-2 weeks in advance.
|from 01/26/2024 to 01/28/2024 - 3 days/2 nights||Book now|
|from 03/08/2024 to 03/10/2024 -||Book now|
|Price EUR/person/net price||Bike rental not included||Bike rental included||Single room supplement|
|4-6||€ 585||€ not applicable||€ 100|
|7-10||€ 485||€ not applicable||€ 100|