CarpatBike and Valea Verde resort invite you to a wonderful weekend break in the hilly area of SaxonTransylvania where you will enjoy two wonderful cycling days mixed with an extraordinary truffle hunting experience and wine tasting. Our cycling tour will immerse you in the history, the culture and the traditions of Saxon Transylvania.
With our leading experts in Transylvanian truffles, we proudly invite you to an adventure truffle hunt weekend in Cund! Transylvania is slowly becoming more and more renown for its huge amounts and excellent quality of truffles, which Michelin Star Chefs rate first class. As truffles are expensive, truffle hunting became a most secretive job. During our truffle hunting weekend you will gain insight in the secretive process of truffle hunting and sample truffles during a special five course dinner on Saturday night.
- Truffle hunt experience
- Five course truffle dinner on Saturday evening
- Excellent wine selection from our host, Jonas Schaefer
- ~70 Km of cycling in 2 days
- winery visit and tasting at Villa Vinea
- Full support and assistance
Day by day
Guests will be arriving from noon onwards in the remote village of Cund where they will be welcomed by our host Jonas Schafer. We recommend a stop in Sighisoara citadel city before your arrival. Dinner will follow in the evening in the Valea Verde restaurant, accompanied by a short introduction and welcome package.
Overnight in Cund, Valea Verde resort.
Included meals: dinner
It is time today to have our first experience truffle hunting in the Transylvanian forests. After a leisurely breakfast, we will meet our truffle hunter and head into the forest for the truffle hunt. During the hunt our hosts will be providing more background information as we follow their dogs, who will hopefully lead us to some truffles. After a few hours we will return for a light refreshment lunch to the Valea Verde. If the weather allows it, we can have beautiful lunch in the forest served with fresh truffles:).
After lunch we will take an easy cycling trip to Viisoara village and back for a short energy boost before an amazing truffle dinner that awaits us soon.
For uur truffle dinner we will be savouring some truly exciting truffle dishes accompanied by great matching wines during a five course dinner discussing and tasting the days findings.
Overnight at Valea Verde resort.
Included meals: buffet breakfast, (picnic) lunch, 5 course dinner
Today we will experience the rural life around the small village of Cund. There are various routes and objectives, depending the cycling options of the group. The 40 km asphalt route will allow us to visit a wine cellar and the nearby villages. The off-road paths will allow us to visit the local forest paths and local sheepfolds, discover the wild life and other attractions.
Attractions on the way: the Villa Vinea winery; Butoiul Sasului cellar; the 18th century wooden church in Lepindea; the forest near Giacas.
Back in Cund and farewell.
Included meals: buffet breakfast, light lunch.
What si included
- 2 nights of accommodation (differs if optional days included)
- In every region we travel, we uncover the area’s best and original accommodations. On our Transylvanian trip, you will stay in a beautifully restored guesthouses in the remote village of Cund.
- FULL BOARD for all period including a 5 course dinner on Saturday night
- On our trip, you will sample the finest local delicacies from the region from the innovative to traditional dishes
- Energisers and on-bike nutrition
- Detailed trip description and programme, maps, GPS maps (on request)
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides (Romanian, English, French or German speaking possible)
- All luggage transfers and transportation during the trip, vehicle assistance during the day
- GT, Cannondale, Trek XC or hybrid bicycles
- The use of Garmin Touring Plus GPS cycling computer
- Bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- CarpatBike bike jersey (to buy)
- Participation in the truffle hunting event
- Tickets to several cultural and historical sights included in the itinerary
- Local Taxes
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Alcoholic and additional drinks or meals during the programme
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Tips for your cycling guide (5-10% trip price)
- Individual travel Insurance for the trip (compulsory in order to be accepted for the tour)
- Individual insurance for special activities (recommended)
- Additional local guides, if required
- Wine tasting to winery
- Single room supplement
- All the other conditions are presented in the “Terms and conditions” document
MEETING AND DEPARTURE
HOW TO GET THERE:
We suggest that you arrive at one day prior to the trip start, which will enable you to adjust to the time zone and minimize the risk of missing the trip start due to flight-related delays. We recommend that you fly into Bucharest or Sibiu airports. Travel time between Bucharest and Sighisoara is approximately 4 hours. On a weekday, there are 2-3 good trains per day traveling from Bucharest to Sighisoara and the ticket price ranges from 15-20 EUR/person.
For the return trip, there are a few trains per day to Bucharest, the ticket price being around 20 EUR/person. Please ask tour consultant for specific details and advance bookings.
Please inform the tour company on your flight schedule to advise for appropriate transfer times for meeting and departure.
On arrival, the participants will be informed on the programme and other necessary information, they will be familiarised with the local customs and will receive the travel kit (map, equipment, bike and so on). Our guides will make sure that the participants fulfil all terms and conditions.
In case one or more participants did not reach the meeting date and point as scheduled, it is the responsibility of the participant to reach the group during the trip, according to CarpatBike terms and conditions. They will receive the support of our team in finding the group as soon as possible.
Due to the long distance for the first day and the organisational matters, the first day will not include cycling or it will only include short local rides, a visit in the city and local sights.
This tour includes national, local, village, and forest roads through pastoral landscapes and peaceful Transylvanian scenery. The terrain includes flat asphalt routes, unpaved country hilly trails, and rolling hills and is suitable for cyclists in good physical condition, varying from 30 to 60 km per day.
On this tour, 10% of the riding is on dedicated bike paths, 60% is on quiet roads with little traffic, and 30 % on roads shared with traffic.
This tour is manageable for participants of various ages and would be a fun tour for a family (minimum age 10 recommended) or first-time bike tourists. The tour is also recommended for non-cyclists. In this case, a parallel program will be provided in the area.
We have prepared for you accommodation in beautifully restored medieval castles or Saxon guesthouses preserved since Medieval times.
GT, Cannondale or Trek XC bicycles are available on this tour, and are included in the tour price.
Equipment provided at no charge:
- Repair kit
- Water bottle
Other equipment is available at an additional charge:
- GPS system
- Cycle computer
- Panniers and rack
You may choose to bring your own seat, pedals, bottles and/or other accessories; we will change out seats and pedals for you.
While a helmet can be provided, we recommend that for safety and hygiene reasons you bring your own or plan to purchase one upon arrival. Please consider also bringing your own water recipient.
Dates & Prices
We reward our guests with lower pricing and more dates to choose from the earlier you book.
Also, in case you want to book a tour for a particular date we are happy to prepare a customized offer for your group. Choose any of our existing tour itineraries for your own private adventure.
Please note that the truffle hunting weekend will be organized with minimum 6-8 persons.
Book it on your chosen dates, just for your group. Prices may vary depending on group size and availability for selected dates. For groups +10 pp. additional discount apply.
Please contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
|from 10/20/2023 to 10/22/2023 - 3 days/2 nights||Book now|
|Price EUR/person/net price||Bike rental not included||Bike rental included||Single room supplement|
|starting from||€ 585||€ 625||€ 110|